The following Plants are believed to have medicinal properties for the treatment (or prevention) of Cancer.
Rodent tuber, Keladi Tikus, Tu Ban Xia or Lao Shu Yu (Typhonium flagelliforme) – is believed to be very effective in treating cancer.
Cancer Care of Malaysia uses rodent tuber as a primary ingredient in its “Capsule A” for the treatment of cancer. Read various personal testimonials here.
Disclaimer: We are not associated with Cancer Care.
This is NOT an endorsement of the claimed medicinal properties of the plants cited below. You are invited to contribute your first-person account (or about someone you know personally) of the efficacy of these plants.
- Hempedu Bumi (Andrographis paniculata) – believed to have potential benefits to treat cancer and HIV.
- Lada Pahit (Brucea javanica) – commonly used in Chinese traditional medicine to treat cancer.
- Bintangor Laut (Calophyllum inophyllum) – the active chemical constituents from the leaves and seeds are believed to have inhibitors of HIV and may be potential cancer chemopreventive agents.
- Periwinkle (Catharanthus roseus) – the alkaloids are used in anti-cancer chemotherapy.
- Ceylon Cinnamon, Kayu Manis (Cinnamomum verum) – the dried bark and twigs are used in combination with other medicinal plants to treat cancer.
- Turmeric, Kunyit (Curcuma longa) – the rhizome is active against cancer.
- Flame lily, Bunga Songsang (Gloriosa superba) – the plant is highly toxic and colchicine, derived from the plant, inhibits cell division. (Not recommended!)
- Rodent tuber, Keladi Tikus, Tu Ban Xia or Lao Shu Yu (Typhonium flagelliforme) – is believed to be very effective in treating cancer.
- Papaya (Carica papaya L.) – it has an enzyme called papain that aids in the digestion of protein and is believed to be able to inhibit the formation of cancerous cells.
- Apricot (Prunus armeniaca)– Vitamin B17 can be found naturally in many fruit seeds especially apricot seeds, believed to help in the prevention of cancer.
- Soursop, Graviola, Guanabana (Annona muricata ) – claimed to kill cancer up to 10,000 times more effectively than strong chemotherapy drugs, all without the nasty side effects and without harming healthy cells.
- South African Leaves (Vernonia amygdalina)
Ref: Herbs of Malaysia (J.Samy, M. Sugumaran, Kate Lee) – Times Edition (ISBN 983-300-179-3) (except Rodent Tuber, Papaya, Apricot, Soursop).
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problem posting your contribution.